On 21 and 22 February 2023 in Athens, Greece, the GenB project organised a Common Ground Camp on Bioeconomy education.
At the event, more than 20 speakers shared their experiences and lessons learnt on pedagogic drivers and barriers when it comes to teaching bioeconomy to primary and secondary schools.
Find all the speakers at this link!
You can have a look and download all presentations below!
- Presentation of the GenB project by Chiara Pocaterra (APRE)
- A brief introduction to the Bioeconomy by John Vos (BTG)
- STEM Education in primary/secondary education in Europe: priorities and bioeconomy by Miriam Molina Ascanio (European Schoolnet)
- Engaging the youth of today to protect the planet of tomorrow by Theodora Polyzoidou (HSPN)
- Inspiring and educating young generations:Innovative approaches from EU funded projects by Susanna Albertini (FVA)
- The role of youth in bioeconomy education by Rita Escórcio (EU Bioeconomy Youth Ambassador)
- Schools as Living Labs by Pavlos Koulouris (Ellinogermaniki Agogi)
- Educational tools and materials in renewables by Mariangela Giunti (GSE)
- Using the Social Lab Method to develop an innovative and “edutaining” communication campaign by Line Friis Lindner (ISEKI-Food Association)
- Soil Literacy and good examples on soil education for youth by Christina Lundström (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences)
- Young Innovators: Systems change begins in schools by Bram Drijvers (EIT Climate-KIC)
- Circular Bricks: Circular Bioeconomy for improving agrifood VET institutes’ teachers’ skills and competencies by Nadia Sansone (UNITELMA SAPIENZA)
- Exploring new thinking and approaches in education on the circular economy across Europe by Pramod Kumar Sharma (Senior Director of Education)
- Keys and experiences to boost sustainability with children by Isabel Pardo Baldoví & Clara Blasco (AIJU)
- Boosting young European citizens' knowledge and awareness of bioeconomy by Juliet Tschank (ZSI)
- E-SPACE: Eco-Schools Project Advancing Circular Economy: Experiences and inspiration from Slovenia by Gregor Cerar, Lucija Marovt (Društvo DOVES)
- Inspirational practice the Allthings.bioPRO serious game by John Vos (BTG)
- BioGov.net Community of Practice and useful methodologies to implement designathons, co-design workshops and policy workshops by Ermioni Bachtse (Q-PLAN)
- Transition2Bio Toolkit for Teachers by Chiara Pocaterra (APRE)
- Education for sustainable solutions in Farsund, Norway by Agnethe B. Salvesen (Farsund Middle School Norway)
- Successful Environmental Education Projects by Helena Rego (Escola Secundaria D. Sancho)
- CMQ d’Excellence Bioeco Academy by Gisell Burgos
- Inviting Pollinators to the Schoolyard by Vítor Martins (Centro de Ciência Viva de Braga)
- Buzzing the world - Multiple intelligences- EXTERNATO PAULO VI
- Wilding Pedagogies for a Sustainable future by Zoe Theodosaki
- Sustainability experiences at the Guicciardini Comprehensive Institute in Rome by Massimo Buongiorno
- Increasing Marine Environmental Awareness Through the Creative Arts by Rebecca Katsaris (Early Years Educator)
- My First Steps in Bioeconomy by Marianthi Giannakopoulou (Athens College Elementary School)
- Environmental Literacy and Global Citizenship by Pramod Kumar Sharma (FEE)